Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Taking on the World...One Face/Palm at a Time.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

Well, not really. To tell you the truth, I've never seen Network but I know who Sidney Lumet is. This actually tells you a lot about me, if you think about it.

I'm a black girl, I live in San Francisco, I'm a prospective Jewish conversion candidate and a recent law school graduate. So much for anonymity. Hopefully, there's at least one other girl on the planet who occupies that Venn diagram with me to throw you off the trail. Maybe she's reading. :waves at life doppelganger:

But seriously, I am starting a blog for all the reasons people start blogs. I have thoughts; I wish to share them.

My life's in transition. I'm recently married, just out of school, entering the work force, contemplating kids and family and all that jazz. I'm young, but in many ways weary. I read the news and want to punch my computer screen. But mainly, I just face/palm.

For the uninitiated, "a shonda" means "a shame" in yiddish. As in "My son just married a schwarze from San Francisco--whatta shonda!" The world is full of shondas these days, few of which escape my notice. Plus, it has a certain ring to it. Ashonda. Sounds like a weaveologist from Oakland. Sounds like the place where my black meets my Jewish and together...they face/palm this AND this. A place where I can be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment